Los Angeles

Los Angeles is a funny old place; it feels like a really tiny provincial airport surrounded by billions of people. It is the last place on earth that I actually ever want to be; especially when it’s raining. Last time I was here I was returning from NZ in quite an emotional state of mind, I might have even been crying. This time I feel fine, even after a 10 hour flight. (I watched The Darjeeling Limited twice)

My sleep pattern at home over the last week or so has been erratic, to say the least, so I haven’t been getting to sleep until 4 in the morning. Pretty perfect really as its 2.37 in the morning at home, I will be getting onboard flight NZ3 in an hour or so and will hopefully sleep for most of it, waking up all refreshed for an early morning landing in Auckland. For those of you who are astute and observant - or if you have spoken to me about my trip in the last few weeks - yes that’s right flight ‘NZ3’ not the intended NZ1. Don’t know how that one slipped through the net! Ah well.

My bright orange Decent Hardware Bag has stood the test of trans-Atlantic flight, it’s only got another 14 hour one to go. Full to the brim with skateboard goodies, It weighed in at 22kg’s and my smaller one a measly 17. The bizarre thing is that I only slept for about 20 minutes on the last flight and I dreamt about setting the board up. Forgive me, those people who don’t skate, but there is something utterly ‘Christmas morning like’ about setting up a new deck. I can’t wait to get that first push under my belt (I’m grinning as I type this!)

Mark and Lee came with me to Heathrow, It was nice to have them there. Then about an hour later Munchh arrived with a card from all the Hove slalom crew. It’s one of the things I will be thinking about on those hard days ahead - skating slalom on the seafront with a really good bunch of mates. I will be back there as soon as I get home. Thanks guys, your support means an awful lot.

Right, I off to withdraw some money from the wall to purchase some horrible looking burger, I just love this place, I really do.

Hugs.